Sunday, February 10, 2008

TrackStar

Reposted from...January 2006

Although, I had heard of TrackStar before I just never realized how powerful this free online teaching tool was and just how easy it is to create a track of my own. Dare I admit that once again I was unable to see the value of something that was right under my nose. In retrospect, I think it was the descriptions I was reading about TrackStar that didn't peak my interest. Last week at the PETEC conference this tool was re-introduced and I finally realized the value of this free online tool. If my description of this tool does not adequately describe this wonderful teaching tool I suggest you go to the TrackStar homepage and examine the top ten tracks. A link is found at the bottom of this posting.
  • Teachers who teach content or who want their students to teach themselves content will love what TrackStar will do for them. This tool is exciting in several ways:
  1. .First because the end product is very user friendly. Students can move easy between the selected websites as well as view and answer content questions at the top of the screen. This annotation/question area is right above the actual working website on every page.
  2. Second because of the simplicity of creating the track.
  3. Third because of the fact that the teachers are directing their students to use only websites that they have examined for reliable content. Soooooooo much better than directing them to commercial search tools.
  4. Fourth because you can search all created tracks by keyword

OK, Here is the TrackStar Homepage link! Don't forget to examine the "top tracks"!

( If you want to check out the track I created on Non-Commercial Internet Search Tools my track number is: 279227)

No comments: