Sunday, February 10, 2008

Blogging, Now Furling

Repost from... November 2005

Well, After about ten years of collecting recommended websites I finally found a way to organize my bookmarks in a way they can be searched and seen by others. Thanks, FURL!
You can do this too and it is very easy. I added 500 websites in two hours.

Amazingly, One hour after attaching it to the Hempfield HS Library Visual Search Screen a teacher needed information that was not in the library but was in my website collection.
I added subjects to the front of all the titles so if you sort by "Title" it will organize by subject in ABC order. (Note: Furl is strange in its sorting, it defaults to date and then you have to click "Title" twice before it will arrange in normal ABC order.) I also added Dewey categories.

No comments: